With ASE, it's easy to BCP out syslogins data and copy to another server. With IQ, however, SYSUSERPERM is not available for direct updates.
Thus, another tact is needed, to copy a login from on server to another, without knowing the password.
Overall steps: a) Use SQL to select the necessary source data, b) run a Perl filter to build SQL statements, c) run the SQL into the target IQ server.
How to use the scripts listed below:
1) copy the Perl code to iq_encrypt.pl
2) copy the shell script to iq_encrypt.sh
3) chmod 700 .. for both files
4) Make sure your IQ DB client is accessible and working
5) Run the shell script: e.g. ./iq_encrypt.sh HELENA jsmith